Advance RiderCourse (ARC)
The ARC is for the licensed, experienced rider who would like to improve crash avoidance skills. This course can be ridden using any type of motorcycle.
- A one day course with both classroom and riding components.
- The course if offered at sites across the state. Tuition fees vary but will not exceed $75.00. Visit our "Sites" tab for details.
- Students must provide proper protective gear: 3/4 or full-faced DOT approved helmet, eye protection, long-sleeved shirt, full-fingered gloves, long pants and over the ankle footwear.
- Participation in both classroom and range activities is required.
- Participants bring their own street legal motorcycle.
- Participants MUST show proof of insurance and licensing before the start of class.
- RiderCoaches will perform a safety/readiness inspection of the bikes before the class and have the discretion to refuse a bike for the class.
- RiderCoaches may excuse riders who are demonstrating inadequate riding ability to continue.
- Classroom activities use small group discussions and interactive activities to address personal risk management strategies.
- Riding exercises provide practice in cornering, braking and swerving.
- Successful completion of the ARC earns you an MSF completion card that may entitled you to a discount on cycle insurance.